Sunday, June 2, 2013

Influence is a strange thing.

It's a weird feeling realizing that you're being looked up to. Not only looked up to by short people, but by the kid down the street that you don't pay much attention to. Or by the middle schoolers on the bus or the kids at church. Or by the people in your own family. Just because someone else older than you doesn't mean that you don't influence them, I guess because Influence is a strange thing. Sometimes I feel weirded-out at the thought of being looked up to because I guess I know how much I mess up. I screw up all of the time and maybe I'm afraid that if they see me do something stupid then they'll think it's okay too. I think to myself, "Why is my neice copying everything that I do?" or something like, "Why would they look up to me? I'm not even that cool." Then I think of how much I look up to other people. How I want to be a young and free senior and hang out with people and drive around with music blarin' thinking about where I want to go to college and such.
Maybe they're weirded out by me if they know I'm looking up to them and it makes them self concious, too. Or not.

Like I said. Influence is a strange thing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment