Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Cup of tea on a Tuesday morning

This Fall break I've learned that sometimes it's easy to forget who we're talking about when we say His name. Jesus. God. Jehovah. Yaweh. The one who holds the Universe in the palm of his hand and the one who knows the number of hairs on your head. The one who knows each and every one of us from the inside out. The one who wants to search us out as we go on an amazing journey to search Him out. He could have chosen anything when creating this universe- he could have made us like robots and forced us to Love Him. He could have made us without choices and could have made a world without the risk of being imperfect. but instead he gave us the choice.
"Love that isn't voluntary isn't Love." Misty Edwards says in her book "What's The Point? Discovering Life's Deeper Meaning and Purpose". We have the option to Deny a loving God who can determine whether or not we wake up the next morning. He is mind blowing. His Love is unfathomable. The entire concept is almost scary to think about even though we can't completely wrap our minds around Him. But this I know: Everytime we say Yes to Him, even thousands of years later after Jesus died and rose again, God picks us up and places us on his magnificent shoulders to carry us to places in life that we could never imagine. From the Valleys we go through, to the highest mountains in Life, He is still God and He is still with us as He promised. It's easy to fear complete surrender to Him. What it boils down to is complete and full trust in Him, His grace and His plan. We're scared that the Lord's plans won't be as good as ours, or that they won't work out. But He sees everything and knows everything, even the parts of us that we haven't discovered yet.
I knew I was going to IHOPU for college the moment I entered the 24/7 prayer room at age 15. Of course that didn't stop me from trying to look at other colleges later, because everyone I confessed my dream college to would just kind of nod and change the subject, or say "Where's the money in that?" or ask me how I was going to sustain myself with a career and how I was going to be successful. Rethinking my decision, I began to worry about how it would all eventually pan out. Where would the money come from? Where would I live and how long would I be there? What would I do after I graduated? After all, everyone else goes straight to a "real college" to receive a degree for a job. But Why are these the things that every American HAS to do in order to "be somebody" and live out the good ole, cliche "American Dream"?  Who made those standards and why must we abide by them when we've been called to greater things?
Ultimately I can't run from His calling to the next step in Life. To do so would make myself miserable. But at the same time I've never felt like I belonged somewhere so much before. Eccentric young college kids who love Jesus and coffee, 24 hours in the prayer room per week, Theology classes and music classes focused on worship and composition, sitting under the teaching of people like Allen Hood and Mike Bickle... Honestly, I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. I want to go to IHOPU and understand more of Him and less of myself. I want to seek Him and find Him in extreme ways that I've never yet encountered, with young men and women who are passionate to seek His will here on Earth. God knows my heart so well and picked that place for a purpose, whether or not I'm going to have a degree in something that will make me thousands of dollars a year.
If God has called you, yes, YOU, somewhere, whether it's to a lawyer's office or Africa or the janitor's closet in a train station He's called you, and you're going to love what he's called you to. Because he knows you! He knows you from the inside out. However, In order to find his calling for you, you must search for Him and His heart. He will then reveal his heart and secrets to you as you draw near to Him. He has already planted desires and dreams in your hearts that you will long to fulfill, and with the Almighty God living in your heart, nothing will keep you from achieving your dreams but Yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment