Thursday, April 25, 2013

Alleluia, Holy are you.

When Banning started praying over the schools on Tuesday night at the Jesus Culture concert, AND when he started talking about prophetic musicians and praying over the musicians/songwriters, I think I almost exploded. God is raising up prophetic musicians in our generation across the earth to release a new sound. I went to ATC music academy last summer so that I could learn more about what prophetic music is, and I never thought that I would end up studying and hearing about it so much, but it's so real. I feel like I'm hardly beginning to skim the surface of what it really means to prophesy the sounds of heaven through song. I feel like deep inside I'm suppose to uncover it and teach others what it means while learning it myself. This is a generation of spiritual song-birds springing up. And more importantly, this is the generation of Jacob, the generation of those who will seek the face of God. The generation of lights coming out from under the basket.
I love how he said that when you turn on a light in a room, the darkness has no choice but to go. It isn't like you're standing there watching them battle, because the light automatically rips right through it. I had never really even thought of it that way. I
And Chris Quilala sang a song that says the words,
"I will climb this mountain
with my hands wide open"
When I thought about climbing a mountain with my hands wide open, it seemed like a foolish idea. How can you climb a mountain without hands? Surely you will fall going up a steep mountain with just your legs working. But that's the thing- you have to trust God. You have to surrender your idea of what gravity (or circumstances) are and you have to trust that his yolk is easy and his burden is light. You can't trust your own understanding of physics verses the one who created them. Climbing the mountain with your hands wide open and trusting him is a ton easier than doing it all by yourself. The biggest thing is trust in him. Not in people alone. Not money. Not in work. But Him.

So this is it. This is me climbing this mountain with my hands wide open.
This is me believing for that last $900 that has to be in for the remainder of my Kenya trip next week. God's gonna provide everything.
This is me climbing out of the valley I've been going through.
And finally I'm almost to the top.





No comments:

Post a Comment