Saturday, May 28, 2011

When I look at the Stars...

I want to know you,
let your spirit
overwhelm me,
let your presence overtake
my heart...


Stars

I've been told time and time again that I think very small,

But it's the small things that I find my dreams and ideas in.




If there's anything more captivating to me than anything else God has created on the earth,
it would be the stars.


I would never trade any the nights I've layed outside beneath them from the time I was young until now.
It seemed that I would find myself running around in life, continuing and trying my best in the works of God,
but when I find myself beneath the stars I'm captivated by the beauty of his creation.
And when you find yourself in that place, it's like admiring him by gazing upon something he created.
It makes me wonder what he looks like.



"God, that's so beautiful."


It's like spending time in his presence almost.
Your mind can't wrap itself around the fact that God is bigger and more beautiful than the night sky.

Most of the time as we're absorbed in our day to day running, and we think "Oh yeah, that's pretty."

But we never stand for a moment to admire its real beauty and why and how God made it to be beautiful.



Photobucket
(Don't hate on the Lion King picture. It's awesome. :)

I find myself wanting a friend to share it with.



Once you see it and find yourself beneath this world of beautiful, vivid blue and black skies enlightened by small and large specs and wisps of light,
you find yourself in a dream.


Go outside one of these clear, starry nights.

Make sure all of the lights are off around you.

Go into an open area

and look up.

No comments:

Post a Comment