Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Another old post I discovered...

This one was from the end of my 7th grade year when I was 13, May of 2009 I believe... about 5 months after my life was changed by encountering God and changing my life.



"7th grade sum-up year...

Well... It's about a week until the end of the school year. I've learned a lot more than I expected, and it wasn't all the subjects and stuff like that. It was life stuff.

First of all, I've learned after forcing myself back into church so much that God has for me. He took all my pain away from any past incidents [some that people know about and some that people don't] and getting recommited and filled with the holy spirit has changed me completley. Turned my life upsidedown. And Plus I've met new friends in church this year and I've gotten to know them. And I look up to them, too. I see them as my friend and a spiritual example. And I know they're true friends I can trust.

Secondly, I've learned that things happen. Like April 8th. That was when Jesse and his parents got shot. I just came to school the next day to hear about it, and it took a while for it to process through me. It hurt me to see Jesse looking so down at his parents funeral... and it hurt to listen to him talk over the phone. I knew he'd never be the same again... yet somehow, he managed to pull through and he's acitng like his normal old self again... in public. I know it hurt him when that happened, and it hurt even more when he came back to school to have girls that used to call him a "fag" chasing after him and drooling all over him, simply pretending to be his friend.

Thirdly, I've learned that there are true friends and fake friends. Some stay with you no matter what, and they're always there for you through thick and thin... while others want to leave you in the dust whenever something happens or give up on you all together after a short quarrel. Or fake friends that talk about you behind your back. Or ditch you because you like a guy that they like. But that's only the short side...
What I've learned about true and fake friendship... was that if they set a bad influence for you, then they really aren't your true friends. If they're always there, but they're telling you to do something that isn't best for you. Or if they've never given up on you, yet they don't care to give you a single warning when they know you're going to get into a lot of trouble for something. Those aren't you true friends because the choices they are influencing you to make aren't ones that show they care about you. Or maybe fake friends that love you one minute and diss you the next in front of their "cool friends."


Fourth, I've learned that not everyone is going to accept me for who I am, but that doesn't mean I give up. People not accepting you is a part of life. And it hurts, especially when you're just pushing your way out of your childhood. Some like you for who you are, and others completley resent you. Or maybe people you hardly even know want to diss you or try to start somehting right in front of your face. I'm still trying to get through that now, as a matter of fact. My brian is saying "not everyone is going to accept you" but I guess my full senses don't understand it yet.



Yeah, I've learned a lot more.

But as I've learned...

Some things must be left unsaid. "








This was an interesting thing to read over... and 7th grade was definitely an interesting experience... one of the best, I think. Some hard parts, but out of middle school, 7th grade was definitely the best. And filled with holy-ghost pursuing. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment