Sunday, June 5, 2011

Here is where the Journey has brought me

My confession is...


I live for him alone, nothing less but for something so much more.

I live not to condemn other people, but to encourage. I may convict, but I will never condemn those around me- only encourage them to have a stronger intimacy with God, so that their lives may be changed.
I have completely rid myself of things that may block my path or hurt my spiritual walk with God.

I want the love of God to pour onto other people as I live out my daily life serving him... It is an honor to be a servant of the most high and to live out the plan he has laid before me. I wouldn't be happier taking any other path, and I wouldn't be where this journey has brought me today.

I put others before me and I am not the selfish person I used to be.

I have esteemed myself in the Lord and he's given me the courage to press on.

I find my strength and identity not in this world, nor in those around me, but in him and only him.




misty edwards



At one point I was a spirit-filled, God chasing passionate seeker of Jesus. He came first in my life, But anytime I walked into a place of worship I felt so convicted. I felt so gross as if there was something blocking me. That there was some reason I wasn't advancing in the kingdom of God like I needed to and wanted to. There was some reason I always felt hurt and like nothing was right and would never be right.
Then something happened...

My thinking-
Changed.

And I had a place of intimacy...
with God.

I saw people differently
through the eyes of God himself it seemed.
I got his heart and mind.
Throwing everything else aside,
every worry, every pain, every sin
and he took me, as Grant Ross of Oneway said,
Twice the speed in half the time
as soon as that changed...
up to his throne,
into his intimacy...

Let this be a conviction, not a condemnation- To love Jesus with more passion today than yesterday... the true meaning of that... to have more of a desire to spend time with him today than you did yesterday, or an hour ago. Live that lifestyle of radical intimacy. To get into that real intimate place with him and let him consume your life, thoughts, and heart... Not pain, sorrow, gossip or thoughts that the world tries to pervert us with. It will take sacrifice, but there is a point where he will really reveal that place to us, personally, individually, when we make the decision to renew our minds and truly come to a point where we change the way we think and think toward him more than we have before. He loves us and it's his desire to be intimate with us, he is not a dictator. Make the decision to establish a more intimate relationship with God and really change the way you think and see people. Get God's heart and it will change who you are.

1 comment:

  1. wtg Hannah, u go girl, keep them blessings coming, saving souls around our world, much love, peace :)

    ReplyDelete