Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

I love the way you
pushed me on the swing,
made me giggle,
the way you taught me butterfly kisses
before bedtime prayer
and how you still love to tickle
The way you sometimes bear hug me before bed
or give me a kiss on the head
the memories we've made,
the time we shared,
the conversations we created
that went pretty much everywhere
under the sun,
beneath the moon,
we look at the stars,
but not too soon
they disappear
to come back out
again when we're near
Like the years-
they fly by,
and one day I'll be grown
walking with my diploma
away from home-
but I've never forgotten
the memories we've shared
the pictures we took
everywhere.
Time is beautiful,
and God has a plan-
it's only the beginning
of a journey's end.
Word's can't describe-
only the following-
Love never fails
and through the journey
God's love prevails-
and through it you'll be in my heart
and I'll be in yours.


[Father's Day- June 19th, 2011]

Happy Father's Day, Daddy (:



Photobucket



I'm glad I have a dad who loves and cares about me.
A lot of people don't understand why or how, but
he's a part of my life too,
and I'm glad he is.
Some people don't grow up with dad's.
Some dads just walk away out of their child's life- no one deserves that.
But if you're reading this right now and you've grown up without an earthly father,
this is true-
you have a father in heaven
and he's proud of you and loves you unconditionally. :)
Everyone can Celebrate father's day.


Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment