Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I lift my eyes unto the Hills.

I didn't realize how much getting my wisdom teeth out would drain me, but it has. Soon enough routine will set in again, as much as it can.

One of the things I've been experiencing in my walk with God is getting to know other people and getting a wider perspective of who God is through them. Hearing their personal testimonies, stories, and building onto each other. This seems to be what is setting in for the year ahead, and even right now it's huge... I'm excited to see what else is going to happen in the near future. I know big things will only get bigger, because our God is truly amazing!

Decisions can be tough sometimes, but I know that he will never steer me wrong. So I'm trusting him and learning to do so more and more every single day, one step at a time.

Stepping out of our boxes and breaking out of the shell can be the most life-changing experience and the biggest step we could ever take. But unless we do it head-on, how will we know what can happen? How will we know how much God's glory will burst through unless we take that one step? Is it worth it?

Consistent Prayer is so vital. The stereotype is that it may be a bit much, but we don't really understand what it means to throw a few prayers up and then turn God off. It's time for an inner awakening, from the inside out. We have to let him breathe his breath of life into our hearts and keep in touch with him consistently every day, like a close friend. He is the closest friend we will ever have.

My words are few tonight. He has shown himself amazing to me even more this week, even through persecution that has caused me to be weary. But his presence refreshes and his love never fails.

Thank you for the encouraging words this week. Don't forget to lift someone up today as you go throughout your day. :)

"I will lift up my eyes unto the hills— 
Where does my help come from? 
 My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth."

-Psalm 121:1-2




No comments:

Post a Comment