Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Keep singing, even when it's raining...




Keep singing.
Even when it looks like things aren't going to be the same








Just keep singing
When no one else wants to anymore,
when all hope seems lost.
Keep singing
even if you're singing 
in the rain.
Even if you're singing 
by yourself 




Honestly, I've felt really down since 7th period today. 
I love singing with people and I love having fun while we're doing it. It really pains me that things are out of sync though. Whatever is out of sync, I know that it's something that goes beyond a different teacher. Something that goes beyond a different and new group. Something beyond different standards. Maybe it's everyone. Maybe we've just got to get motivated and be happy or something. I don't want to feel a negative atmosphere whenever I walk into the classroom anymore. I've let it get to me lately, and for the past few classes I've walked out feeling worse than when I walked in. Singing is totally not suppose to make you feel that way and it's definitely not why I wanted to be in Chamber Choir! Singing is something that is positive and expressive. Isn't that what singing is all about? Expressing yourself and sharing something with the people around you? Even when you sing a sad song, you're releasing something from the inside of you and expressing your heart in such a way that you can express no other way. Last year things were great, but it wasn't just because we had a different teacher. There's something else that made things the way they were, and something else that cause everything to change from then to now. I wish I could pin-point it, but it's more complicated than a simple answer. I pray that this phase passes over and that things get better and that things are okay. I can't stand hopeless situations, because shouldn't exist. Ever. There's always hope for things to get better and I feel like that's something we toss around and throw away easily...
 I want to look forward to going to choir and singing with people and having fun, not being afraid to walk in because the sad and tense atmosphere in the room. Choir means a lot to me...


No comments:

Post a Comment