Thursday, November 1, 2012

Flashback

Tonight I take a look back on an experience that forever changed my life the moment I set foot on Kansas City grounds a little over a year ago. I didn't even set foot on the ground before I knew that something was there for me. I knew God was drawing me to the House of Prayer after they held a Onething conference in Nashville two years in a row (2010-2011). I knew it when I heard the sound that was in their music that people called "prophetic". I didn't know what that was or what it meant, but I knew that something was there and that the holy spirit was all over it. There was something I had to get from this place- this tiny prayer room in the middle of Grandview, Missouri (and if you've never been to Grandview, let's just say it's smaller than Murfreesboro and there isn't much to look at). When I first went a year ago, I had been hit with some hard decisions and persecution in that same week. This was my escape- to go to Kansas City and figure out why God wanted me to go there. After that first visit I knew I was bound to go back. And after the second visit (this past summer) I knew I was bound to go back again... and maybe again...
I don't know if this is where I want to go to college... but I do know that before we left on the last day of camp, when everyone was in the prayer room and was beginning to shove their notebooks and bibles in their backpack and head out the door to leave, I felt myself beginning to cry. Not because of prayer, but because I felt like I was leaving this place behind that I felt I could live at forever. But I knew it was time to go. I miss it now. I don't know when I'm going back. I want to go for New Years so bad. Everyone at church is asking why I just don't go to the Ramp with the youth group, but they don't seem to get it...




I'll be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment