Sunday, November 25, 2012

There's this hill out toward the Kittrell area, where I used to live. I remember being a little kid and going to play on the school play ground, and when I would swing on the swingset I'd close my eyes and pretend I was flying, and then I would open my eyes and see the familiar hill, (I thought it was a mountain, of course) not too far off, but far enough to where I would see it and know that an adventure to this giant hill awaits. And ever since then I've wanted to climb it. I've never climbed a mountain. And I know it isn't a mountain, but maybe it's big enough to where I can pretend like it's a mountain. I don't even know who it belongs to, but maybe if I ask they will let me climb their giant hill. There's a small patch of trees on the top of it, but the rest of it is just grass and I've longed to just stand at the top of it and see what the world looks like. I've wanted to do this for so many years, but every year goes by and I don't seem to have a way to get there. I used to ride by and look for a path to climb it, and one day I found one. It's so easy. The opportunity is right there...

I suppose what I'm really waiting for is someone to share it with.
And so that's what I pray for my birthday this year.
A friend or two to go on a journey with
no matter who
so we can just climb this random hill
and forget about everything else for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment