Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Keep Calm and Keep Seeking.


Valley Song Lyrics

You have led me to the sadness
I have carried this pain
On a back bruised, nearly broken
I'm crying out to you
 
 I will sing of Your mercy
That leads me through valleys of sorrow
To rivers of joy

When death like a Gypsy
Comes to steal what I love
I will still look to the heavens
I will still seek your face

But I fear you aren't listening
Because there are no words
Just the stillness and the hunger
For a faith that assures

Alleluia, alleluia
Alleluia, alleluia

While we wait for rescue
With our eyes tightly shut
Face to the ground using our hands
To cover the fatal cut

And though the pain is an ocean
Tossing us around, around, around
You have calmed greater waters
Higher mountains have come down


Alleluia, alleluia
Alleluia, alleluia

Oh, Lord sing of Your mercy,
Mercy
Your mercy...
 

It took me until tonight to realize why I heard this song this morning. At first it just sounded good, but then I listened to it a few more times before the words sunk in. Before I started singing them. Before the confession started coming out of my mouth and before I started speaking these words over my circumstances.

It's been a day full of asking questions. Lots of questions and wanting lots of answers. A day with a hurt heart when I remember how things used to be and asking why they aren't the same. But the answer is just patience.
The answer is seeking him instead of seeking the solution to every problem.

The answer is singing praises even when you're in the valley so that he can bring you to the rivers of joy...



"Hear, O Lord! When I cry with my voice! Have mercy also upon me and answer me.
When you said,
"Seek my face,"
My heart said to you
"Your face, Lord, I will seek."
-Psalm 27:7-8

"Awake, my glory!
Awake, lute and harp!
I will awaken the dawn."
-Psalm 57:8

No comments:

Post a Comment