Sunday, December 9, 2012

This Weekend of Impact

I woke up bright and early this morning, knowing and expecting the anointing of God to fall in our sanctuary today as it faithfully does each Sunday morning at Word and Spirit. Everyone has worked long and hard for the past two months preparing what was going to happen today. I can't even describe the feeling I had last night when we finally went through the entire drama once without messing up or having to stop. After a long, hard four hour practice, the presence of God came and we finally got it down because we were worked in unity. And I can't even begin to describe the amazing anointing that preceded those practices this morning in our church sanctuary.
 Our drama was called "Simple Devotion". My youth pastor saw it at The Ramp when we went this past summer, and she felt the holy spirit tell her that this is what we needed to do. I completely understand the purpose now. I had a lot of questions at first. The drama is about Angels, and about how when we sit down and spend time with God and intercede (pray for other people), we have not only the Lord listening to us so intently and lovingly, but he has sent us angels to work on our behalf for us to send forth in any given situation. Truthfully, I didn't know a lot about the topic. I didn't have any scripture to back it up and the entire idea was sketchy and confusing to me. It isn't that I didn't believe in angels, but I didn't understand their purpose other than to worship God like they do in Revelations. "Why do we need angels to go do things for us when we have the holy spirit?" was one of my biggest questions. "If someone is in need and we pray for them, doesn't God provide that for them and minister to them?"

At first I was totally stoked about getting a big part, but then after the first few practices I started getting frustrated with it because I didn't completely understand it. And finally when Peewee/Edgar and I were practicing our parts I had to ask him about it. I asked him what angels did and what the scriptures were. I didn't expect the elaborate explanation he gave me, but I'm so thankful for him and for what he told me. He is very wise and he knows the word; grew up on it basically. In the end he narrowed it down to it being a spiritual drug deal (haha, seriously though). 
When we pray for others, the angels are like ministering spirits God has given us to work on our behalf. Like pretty much they do the work and God does the work through them. We intercede, God sends his angels as messengers. 
If you think about it, without angels, how would our intercession even be effective? How would our prayer get around the world, across pathways?

The idea seemed farfetched to me at first, but I feel like I finally got a revelation of it through this dance. When I prayed about it, found scripture for it and when it all finally came together in the end, it clicked. There's so much I still don't even know. What frustrated me was that I had the idea in my head, but not down in my heart. And now I have both, thanks to God and to my incredible dance team, youth group and youth leaders.

There's still so much to explain, but one can only understand it in their own experience with God revealing to them the prophetic, incredible, intense things that happen when our heart is one with his and when we faithfully trust in him and how things work. As Peewee told me, you can have angels backing you up whenever you want. You just have to believe it. So here's a tidbit of scripture I found.  




"6 But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says:
“Let all the angels of God worship Him.”
And of the angels He says:
“Who makes His angels spirits
And His ministers a flame of fire.”
But to the Son He says:
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
10 And:
“You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands.
11 They will perish, but You remain;
And they will all grow old like a garment;
12 Like a cloak You will fold them up,
And they will be changed.
But You are the same,
And Your years will not fail.”
13 But to which of the angels has He ever said:
“Sit at My right hand,
Till I make Your enemies Your footstool”?
14 Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?"
 
Hebrews 1:6-14



Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders.  
12 In a loud voice they were saying:
“Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain,
    to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength
    and honor and glory and praise!”

Revelations 5:11-12


These creatures that sing praises to God night and day in heaven are at our very command. If God created angels to worship him and to serve us, they aren't useless. What could all of this possibly mean? Well a lot of it is unexplainable, because it goes far above our heads. But he'll reveal it to us when we pray about it. He's so faithful :)

God is truly amazing. As always.



Now for some pictures!





Brehia rocks. :)





Yay for our first legit choir!















 These kids are seriously wack.



I am so glad to be a part of this church. It has changed my life and I know it's impacted the lives of others, including the four people that got saved/rededicated this morning. That was our purpose- so people could come to Jesus. Thank you Bill Adcock ministries. Thank you WSCLife and Fusion & On Fire Youth :)


I haven't caught a recording of our drama, but here's the original one done by the Ramp. Enjoy.










Have a lovely week. Seek him in the morning.

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment