Saturday, February 16, 2013

Time is passing

Wayyyy too quickly.
Actually, Time is passing so quickly that it's kind of scaring me.

We discussed it in IB music yesterday how there's really only 12 weeks of school left before break. Like, THE break. The one before senior year. This graduation we're going to watch in 4 months will be the last Oakland class we watch cross away into the threshold of reality before walking across the stage ourselves. Some days it feels like the time to leave couldn't get any closer. But other days I just wish life would wait. Sometimes I even wish I would have met some people that I feel like I only just met sooner, so that I'd have had more time with them before they leave. Before they walk out into the world.

The thought has crossed my mind more recently now than before. I mean I know it's only February, but some of the people I've looked up to and spent the last 3 years with (or couple months with having made new friendships) are about to leave and travel off into distant lands. Part of me doesn't want to see them go, but they're so ready. Even if they don't feel like it, there is a world full of discovery out there and so much time for them to find where they want to go.

As for my class... we're feeling a little dragged out. This has been a tough year and it's only halfway over. Of course we want next year to be here now. But when it gets here, we'll want to somehow go back. It reminds me of the last couple months of 8th grade. Sometimes I'd give anything to have some of that back, like the times we spent chilling in Mrs. Weller's class after school and talking to her as if she were an old friend instead of a teacher to the late nights of boredom, giggling and life-talks with Autumn and Billy, to daydreams of crushes and fairytales. It's hard to believe that that's a part of my past now, and that was only 3-4 years ago. It makes me wonder what it will be like 3-4 years from now.

Change and it's difficulties.
It's time to make the best of the time we have.


...And I'm going to spend a lot of it watching more Smallville.

;)
(but seriously)

Have a great week kids, and drink lots of Orange juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment