Monday, March 28, 2011

Life. [Just throwing some stuff in.]

Today I went back to school after a week of spring break. It's so refreshing getting to see everyone again (another week would have been nice, lol. But I felt the need to see my mission field again.)
Sometimes I look at my school like my mission field. And at this time and age, it is. When missionaries are traveling or in a country for a period of time or even just going where they go each day, it makes them feel good, because it's what they enjoy doing and how they enjoy ministering the word of God the way they do and following his plan.

Well, for me my high school campus is like my mission field.

I love going there and seeing everyone (even though an occasional break would be nice, haha.) I love seeing the people there and just loving them and helping them in any way I can. I love cheering up people who seem lost and depressed and being an example of the life God has for them. Even communicating with people at school is what I love, even if it's just a smile and a " Good morning," or "Hey what's up? How is your day going?" because I want to show them care even if we're not best friends or anything. And though I'm not talking directly about God it's like I'm ministering love to them. It's beautiful and every day I'm up just ready to run onto my campus and shine the light of God.

Sometimes it does get tiring. If I don't spend enough time with God or in the word, in the bible and in prayer it gets draining. I'll even get a bit irritable or tired or I'll be tense and in a rush. But if I'm taking my time in God's word and in doing what I need to do and communicating with him all the time, it's like he's filling me up with his love and the words to say and the decisions to make and I take that step of faith. It's so awesome!!!


Today I was able to spend a longer period of time with God and in worship before school this morning, then Chelsea picked me up since we haven't gotten a chance to talk in a while. My classes were alright. It's a bit dull having to get back to work again and prepare for End of Course tests but oh well, it's school...
One quote we wrote about in JROTC sparked my interest this morning.
The quote was
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
We discussed this for a bit and wrote about it. I found it interesting and something I've got to remind myself of from time to time.

I dropped my phone in the toilet last night and quickly got it out. The toilet was clean but I used Lysol wipes anyway. Luckily it still works but this morning it was spazzing and went off in my first period... REALLY embaressing...

Anyway that's all I've got. :) Hope everyone is having a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment