Wednesday, October 12, 2011

An Opening Book; a Turning Story

The past few months have been very life changing for me.

Today I'm leaving to go to International House of Prayer in Kansas City for a Prayer and Prophetic conference. I will honestly say that I'm expecting change. Typically when I go on a youth retreat or something things change- meaning as far as new experiences, what to pray about, what God sets on my heart and things that he puts on the inside of me that he wants me to share with others.
I'm looking forward to this change.
I'm looking forward to being equipped...

and I'm SO looking forward to seeing Matt Gilman and Misty Edwards in person!!! :D


One thing I've realized again is that sometimes following the plan of God isn't easy. I mean nobody said it would be a piece of cake.
But as my father, I trust what he puts in my heart. I need to.
And I know that by going in the direction he leads me will lead me to better places than I can lead myself.
As an inspiring friend told me yesterday, God didn't create us to put the weight of the world or even the weight of our own lives on our shoulders. God made us to trust our lives with him. By going our own way it's as if telling God straight to his face "I don't think you can handle this. I can probably do that better."
But in reality, that isn't the truth at all.
I'm human and I've messed up.
I've disappointed people in ways I never wish I had.
I don't want to. I never want to hurt or disappoint anyone.
I can ask for forgiveness, pray for understanding and comfort, stand up, and keep going.

We've got to learn how to love God, how to love others, and how to love ourselves and see him the way he sees us. It's what we were made for.

God has a plan...
He has timing for everything.
I'm going to have to take a step of faith and trust fall into his arms.
There's so much inside of me that he isn't finished with yet.
But when he's finished...
it'll be great.
That I will promise. And that is a promise I will not break. :)


Love you guys. Have a great week.

Sincerely.

No comments:

Post a Comment