Sunday, October 2, 2011

It was a God-Thing. (The Wreck)

Yesterday morning I was sitting in my room when I got a phone call from my friend Miranda. She told me that on the way to a competition, our school marching band was in a bus wreck. An SUV had swerved into the lane of one of the buses, causing a head-on collision with the bus.

My heart dropped.

I heard her quite down as a man's voice in the background was giving instructions for everyone to call their parents and notify them of the incident.

She explained to me that only a few students had gotten injured; however the bus driver had broken both of her legs and the man that was driving the car was instantly killed.

Later it was said on one of the websites of the local news channel that the man had a heart condition and possibly had a heart attack behind the wheel although they aren't exactly sure what caused him to swerve.

It was also said that if the bus driver would have swerved away from the car rather than just taking it head on, the bus could have flipped over and the students could have gotten injured. If not killed...


Once in a life time chance.

In an instant it's as if you're looking at the borderline between life and death.
In an instant they could have all died. People I'm very close to although I may not be a marcher.
The bus could have blown up if the car hit the gas tank.
It could have flipped.
Miranda's parents could have died instead if they wouldn't have stopped somewhere before the collision having been driving in front of the bus.

Photobucket

One life was lost. Few injured.

THAT was a miracle.

I don't think it was his will for the man behind the wheel of the SUV to die, because it isn't God's will for people to die. He doesn't kill people.
But I strongly believe that God saved those kids even if one life was lost.


Today around 3 pm the Marching Band students gathered in the parking lot of the high school to pray for the family of the man who died and to pray for the injured students, their families and for future protection, security, etc.


Photobucket

These things can be traumatizing but it can bring people closer together.

I'm glad everyone else is okay. Please keep the man's family and the bus driver in your prayers.

I love you guys. <3

http://www.wsmv.com/story/15595807/students-pull-together-for-band-involved-in-deadly-crash

No comments:

Post a Comment