Thursday, December 8, 2011

Reflect.

Out of everything I expected this time of year to be, I definitely didn't expect it to be like this.

We're given opporunities in life to either succeed or fail. To either make a mistake or make something amazing. Sometimes we're heeded by everything around us to be careful. We're heeded to not even take a risk, because it's better to be ignorant in he heart and mind than to risk he possibility of hitting rock bottom.

But if we don't take the risk, how will we know?
We won't.


The past three months have changed my life.
What happened these past few months wasn't a mistake,and I have no regrets.
They were amazing and they were absolutely terrifying. Like most new experiences. And now the memories and moments of that time are stored away in my heart and in my mind. Not to cling to. But to reflect on.
Sometimes my mind will try to rethink things, telling me "You can never have those moments back." And it makes me distraught...
But you know what?
That's okay.
I will live a life full of tests and trails. Of successes and failures. But I won't turn around. I won't run away.
Because in heaven when I sit at the feet of Jesus, broken before him
I know every step toward him will have been worth it. And this I am confident in...

When we keep pressing, when we don't give up- we win.

1 comment: