Sunday, July 3, 2011

5 more days

It's been fun here in Baltimore for the past few weeks. I'm looking forward to going home and then to youth camp, kids camp and finishing up this busy summer finally going into my sophomore year... However, I don't look forward to goodbyes. I'll definitely miss everyone here as I always do... no one said I couldn't have two homes though... :)

I know this isn't related to much of anything on my blog but I think I'm adjusting my wardrobe. I need to get out of the plad phase (which probably isn't happening anytime soon) but I'm looking more into a chill look. Not a hippie or full out bohemian look but you know... the messenger bags, sperrys, burrets, the woven anklets and bracelet things, a lot of chill ways, not necessarily the whole "peace" look but sort of leaning that way. I'm not a hippie. I just like this idea! My punk phase was fun, and that part of me I will never lose (hence the teal hair, but that's chill too). I'm growing so my tastes are also growing.
If the phrase "acoustic" was considered a style, this would be it.
It won't be a drastic difference but gradually it may.
I wish I had some pictures. Couldn't find any.

Anyway, enough about that.



I talked to a friend from school who wants to recruit other students to get together a morning bible study devotional thing... I'm REALLY excited! A lot of students want to do it. If we do this in the mornings it will be like the book of Acts when the disciples went out and preached the gospel in the open places. People will get curious and wonder what we're doing. Students will get saved and lives will change... this is going to be big. I expect the holy spirit to move :)
We may be faced with Persecution and people may try to battle this, but we'll stand strong, and God will provide a way. He's faithful to the end.

This song has been on my spirit all week :) It's originally by Tim Reimherr but Audra, Jessica Barron and I believe Marcus Meir sang it at the Onething Conference in Nashville this past year...



Have a blessed week. Love goes out to all.

1 comment:

  1. i laughed when i read about your wardrobe change. bc like 2 months ago you were appalled at me bc i had once been punk but changed my ways... it happens to the best of us hammie dear... :)
    basically the look u described is the "IHOP" look. like everyone that i personally know there with exception of 1 dresses exactly like u mentioned. lol. you'll fit in well. which you would've anyways bc you'll fit where God puts you...

    i love that song too. i enjoyed listening to it this morning :)

    and that is really exciting about your school. oakland will never be the same...

    ReplyDelete