Monday, May 21, 2012

The Conclusion of a Sophomore Year


A few things I’ve Learned this year:

-trying new things doesn’t mean that the enjoyment we get in them will last forever, although the skill may.
-Don’t base your choices in life off of what other people think. Do what you want to do and make it worth while.
-Don’t waste your time doing things you don’t have some use or passion for.
-Always make a legitimate plan for what you’re going to do after high school instead of just winging it.
-Just because everyone around you decides to be content with lack of money doesn’t mean you have to be. In other words, God wants us to prosper and that’s just the truth. 
-When we’re fully trusting in God and relying on him at all times, he’ll stay faithful to his promises. Always.
-Don’t run after boys and pursue relationships if it isn't the time.
-Friendships come and go. We can’t solely rely on them, either.
-Communication and Connection is a vital thing in high school
-People make mistakes and you will never find perfection and high expectation in man.
-Nothing can replace the love of God. Even when we try and search for satisfaction in other people or possessions, his love is the only thing that can really satisfy our hearts.
-Make a stand for what’s right, even if it costs you time, friendships and reputation. Even if people might call you names. Because what people get out of it is all that matters in the end.

Things I’m looking forward to over the summer:
-New Friends (hopefully)
-Leaving the city in 3 weeks to go to Maryland
-Getting to see my dad, my mamaw and some more family
-Getting to see Joey Franz. I miss that kid.
-Going to Edgemere Church of God while I’m there.
-Going to a beach somewhere… at some point…
-Going to Awakening Teen Camp for 25 days in Kansas City
-Hopefully getting to meet Jon Thurlow and James Kufeldt while I’m there
-More music and worship team experience
-More love encounters with Jesus.

Things I’m NOT looking forward to over the summer:
-Meeting too many new people and getting uncomfortable with it
-Moving. Yes, within the next two weeks I’m moving over by Sports Com. Scary, uncomfortable, but needs to happen.
-Missing my friends and family
-being away from home too long
-Not having my social networking for 25 days (if I end up staying that long in Kansas City)

Things I’m Looking forward to Next school year:
-New classes (Honors Psychology, Chamber Choir, Honors Algebra 2, Honors U.S History, IB English 3, Honors Chemistry, Honors Spanish 2)
-No JROTC or band (Pretty happy about that)
-Yearbook staff and choir
-Big Brothers Big Sisters and community volunteer things
-Football games
-Getting to say “My Freshman Year” instead of “Last Year”
-New friends I can bond with

Things I’m NOT looking forward to next school year:
-Having to study extra hard next school year to keep up with my classes
-New choir teacher (kinda stuck between looking forward to this and not looking forward to it, but we’ll see how it goes. Dude seemed pretty cool over Skype anyway)
-Possible new dress code (screw Rutherford county board of education and their new uniform proposition)
-Losing friends I’ve had since freshman year



We’ll see what it’s like.

1 comment:

  1. lol at the dress code thing. i wrote my junior persuasive paper on why we should have uniforms. :)

    ReplyDelete