Friday, June 22, 2012

Waiting.

All I can do is look ahead. Right here, right now, it feels like nothing too extremely special is happening. I suppose now I can say is my real vacation time. Visiting with family, having fun with my up-north friends, relaxing, having plenty of time to write, gather my thoughts, write, practice on my mini-keyboard until I go to ATC Music Academy and make it last.

Honestly, I wish I could buy more time. I wish I could be in two places at once. I wish I had more time with my dad. And I wish I could take one of my best friends that not too many people at home know about with me back to Tennessee, and show him Murfreesboro, Oakland, Word and Spirit Church, my family, the Greenway, the country, the freedom, and maybe we could fly airplanes and play music and watch Disney movies and listen to Relient K, Hawk Nelson and Jon Thurlow there, then we could go to Music Academy and Fascinate together. 
But the truth is that we can't.... so I guess after I get back I'll have to revert back to text messages, phone calls, letters and maybe even Facetime or Skype. With everyone.


I can't wait to see the prayer room again. It might be crazy that I'm thinking about it now, with two weeks left to go, but I have a feeling that it's going to be so awesome seeing International House of Prayer and Kansas City again. The feeling of thickness as you walk into the 24/7 prayer room. Getting to see people from around the world coming to this small building to encounter the presence of God. Getting teachings from Mike Bickle, Misty Edwards, Jon Thurlow, Laura Hackett and other people themselves (big deal to me!). Playing music with teens while doing crazy camp stuff. The smell of Higher Grounds coffee shop and the bustle as the IHOP residents and college students (or whatever remains of them, anyway, since it's summertime) and highschoolers around the area. Forerunner Fellowship Hall and the conferences going on in there. The feeling of being in a packed-out room, encountering the same God as everyone else in a miraculous and different way. When I went the first time I felt like I was in a different place, but I felt like I was home. Like I somehow belonged here. And I remember, even after only three days back in October, almost crying while we drove away leaving this dream I'd somehow captured in my heart behind.

I'm coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment