Friday, September 7, 2012

Life is a Vapor, but his love never changes.

Things can change in an instant just as much as they can change over a period of two months. People can come and go, disasters happen, opportunities arise, and it just goes on as this never-ending, ever-changing thing. Life is a vapor, and at the end of that vapor, it all comes down to what we've lived for...

I feel like coming back to high school this year, knowing that I've changed in ways myself over the summer, I see changes that people I've been friends with have gone through. Some of them are disappointing, while others are surprising, and others are completely great. I've lost the closeness with some, but I've gained friendships with new people at the same time.

So whether things are changing here in an instant or over a period of time, they're going to change. And whether it may be disappointing, I have to love and move on. We have to choose to move on. The reality is that Jesus' love never changes. I feel like I've written this so much, but how true is it to me? How real is this fact to us? When I've gone through the day and I'm weary and burdened and tired of seeing things I wish I hadn't or realizing things I wish were never true, I walk into my room and shut the door behind me, and he's there. He's the only one there when it's all said and done. And maybe other people might change, but he won't. He promises to always love us and to never leave us. And even though sometimes I get tired and thoughtful, I realize in the end that his never-changing, ever present love is all I need. It's all we need.
We could have so many material possessions, but they can be snatched away in an instant. We have friends that we love that could change in an instant and decide to be someone we never thought they'd be. We have a family, even closer, that we could be far away from, or that could be there next to us, but that may be absent or caught up in other things. We could have absolutely nothing. And if we did, what would fulfill the emptiness in our hearts?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment