Friday, September 14, 2012

To be carried in the midst of strife

I call, You hear me
I've lost it all
And it's more than I can bear
I feel so empty

You're strong

I'm weary
I'm holding on
But I feel like giving in
But still You're with me 


And even though I'm walking through
The valley of the shadow
I will hold tight to the hand of Him
Whose love will comfort me
And when all hope is gone
And I've been wounded in the battle
He is all the strength that I will
Ever need
And He will carry me

I know I'm broken

But You alone
Can mend this heart of mine
You're always with me

And even though I feel so lonely

Like I've never been before
You never said it would be easy
But You said you'd see me through
The storm





To hang on to this simple truth is life. When you're weak, he will pick you up and carry you. When you're carrying a heavy burden, he will take it from you when you give it to him. When you're empty, he will fill you up.


God, help me to remember every single day that I'm human. Help me learn not to take everything on at once. Help me to be dependent on you from now on. Help me to drop my pride and not be afraid to show others that I'm not perfect, because overachieving isn't everything. We're all human. We all cry. We all mess up. We all fail. And through this, we still have you and your everlasting love. We still have friends. We still have people around us that love us and care about us.

In Jesus' name.




No comments:

Post a Comment