Friday, August 19, 2011

Pitter, Patter ... [edited]

...I felt my heart leap and sing,
pitter, patter
but I check in my head
and something wants to know the matter.
I keep myself
in check,
making sure
my head is clear and
things are right...
one,
two,
three,
check.

You gave me a smile today,
your eyes were bright,
and your expression captivating,
an expression I'd never seen before,
but all I could do was smile back;
pitter, patter
"He probably thinks you're a geek"
pitter, patter
Maybe, maybe not...
Oh, what's the matter?
Still, there's the constant
pitter, patter
I wonder if he'd ever feel the same way...
pitter patter
the phrase itself is so cliche.
Part of me says he wouldn't,
but the other part says maybe in some way
Does he know, should he know?
Am I the only one who's heart begins to race?
pitter, patter
No, not right now,
pitter, patter
Focus on the moment
pitter, patter
I want his friendship
above anything else.

I chase my God
with all of my heart,
loving and pursuing him,
living a lifestyle of glorifying him.
Pursuing him above all else.
Does he do the same?
Does he run and endure
eternity's race?
Is he full of perseverance
to seek his face?
I wonder if he likes to hold hands...
Wait, stop...
Check.
1,2,3,
breathe, now focus... go.

I wanna be the friend that
focuses on walking in the light of God's love,
being who I am in Christ,
being who God created me to be,
the one who seeks the kingdom first,
seek his love first,
God's love first;
It's best to always
keep in check.


I see him once again
and we stand and talk again,
pitter, patter,
while my young mind is still working
to figure out
what about this clatter...

Pitter, patter.....

2 comments:

  1. :) thats really good. & sounds like how i think alot of the time too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just scream?
    That's exactly how I've felt.
    And been doing.
    You are so amazing.

    ReplyDelete