Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pray, Prophesy.

Today after church I went back to my sister's house and we pulled IHOP's fascinate conference up online and connected it to the T.V and listened to the worship and sermon until our prayer group met that evening... talk about encountering God in your own living room!

Jon Thurlow and a worship team was singing the music and we just sang along and let the presence of God saturate the living room, then Misty Edwards began talking about our generation prophesying through sound, and God raising up the young musicians and people who work with media/sound techs.

I had listened to this sermon the DAY I left for Kid's Camp, where I'd spend a week ministering to children and helping lead worship in the evening. Even so, hearing it again it stirred my heart and opened a lot of thinking doors for me. This evening at prayer we began reaching higher places in prayer. I'd never seen a place like this before. Our church body is ascending and the pace is picking up twice the speed in half the time, as we prayed about many months ago! This is totally awesome!


I follow Claire McClean's blog, One Passion One Devotion , and she frequently says that she's thankful for and loves her house group. I agree- I'm thankful for my prayer group too!!!! (and the many that meet at different times in the Word and Spirit Church body). Sometimes it seems like there's hardly anyone there and sometimes it seems like there's more people than usual but God always moves in miraculous ways and we leave knowing things were being shaken and moved in the spirit.

Praying Pictures, Images and Photos

At this stand point, I believe a lot of prophecies spiritually concerning Israel are being shaken.
I can't even describe it.

It's just awesome...


"Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruning hooks into spears.
Let the weakling say, "I am strong!"
Assemble and come, all you nations,
and gather together all around.
Cause your mighty ones to go down there, O Lord.
Let the nations be wakened and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat,
for there I will sit to judge all the surrounding nations.

Put in the sickle, for the Harvest is ripe.
Come, go down, for the winepress is full- the vats overflow, for their wickedness is great.
Multitudes- Multitudes in the valley of decision
!"

--Joel 3:10-14



We read this passage the week before last at our Sunday prayer meeting and SINCE then our prayer meetings have gone sky high- higher than "usual" as we climb, as my sister Angie likes to say, Mount God. :) A week before our Wednesday night youth sessions have gone sky high.

The harvest is ripe! The harvest of souls is coming- passion for Jesus and passion of the harvest is fueling the hearts of our body!

Not only that, but these prayer groups and clubs at school are out of the sky!!! Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA), Timothy Club and the Morning Devotional group have all asked if I'd get involved and come and speak/help lead each. I'm so excited! This is what I prayed for over a year ago! God is SO raising up the students passionate for him and it's a blessing! The harvest is ripe and stuff is happening. :)

1 comment:

  1. i DO so love our housegroup! it is so good to have a group of people who love God and want to draw close to Him. we may not always be on the same page, but that is also part of the beauty, being able to walk together and encourage each other and strengthen each other. yay for you getting involved and growing in passion for Jesus! the MOST important 2 things we can do in and with our lives are to know Him (love Him) and make Him known (love others) - keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete