Saturday, August 13, 2011

Prophesying through sound.





The piano keys have captured my heart...

I'm almost positive this is one of the things I want to do in the future when I go to be a worship leader/ musician at the House of Prayer...

of course this and other instruments yet to come.

Music is quite enjoyable... you can never find anyone in the world that absolutely despises music, as I've said before. End of story.

Sounds have captured us all, because God created music and sounds to glorify him and to prophesy, as he's created us to do the same thing with our lives and voices.

Photobucket

Music is VERY prophetic.
People can prophesy the word of God on an instrument. Anyone who says that one can't is a liar. It's IN the worship. When I close my eyes and find chords on the piano that I never knew existed, or feel the sound of the flute being lifted to him, and I'm glorifying the father with every note, every harmony and with each sound, I KNOW he created music to be prophetic, and I know he wants me to prophesy him by playing.

Photobucket


I really want to be taught properly how to play the piano and guitar and how to sing, then it will be easier to play. Sometimes it's frustrating being unable to read piano music, but I use my ears, my mind and I put my heart into it as for now.
I've seen people at times hit the keys trying to make a song and they can't play it, or they try to harmonize a note but it doesn't work out and I simply wonder why their ears can't hear that the sound is incorrect. (Then again, this is probably the same thing as others wondering why I can't instantly solve division problems in my head.)

I remember when I was younger hearing the sound of a lawn mower or car and humming back the sound it was making. For real, people wonder- what kind of kid does that? I have friends that have told me they're the same way- and it's a gift that God puts in them. It's hearing and prophesying through sound.

Some churches just don't allow instruments because they believe it's a "distraction" to the glory of God. In some churches it is if the musicians are up there just to perform a song and go off the stage. I was in a youth service one time where they had seemed to just be playing a song on their instruments rather than having actual worship and it was the MOST awkward feeling I'd ever had. They weren't glorifying God on their instruments like they could have been- they were performing for people. Everyone stood around like it was a concert. I was thoroughly embarrassed, unsure of how to act, so I just stood and sang along with the words I knew.

This is why there is a HUGE difference between actually worshiping God with an instrument & singing, and just standing up there just playing along. Without the love and power of God in music, you're just making pointless noise that echoes into the vapor of this life.

Not all churches are like that. Music was made to glorify him, and sin has perverted music today with people who like to sing about sin and just throw it out there for money. Personally, I don't think secular, or non-christian music, is bad. I listen to it, and a lot of Christians I know do it, too. But is there a limit to what you're feeding into yourself?
Yes.
Music is powerful.
If I sit around all day listening to Lil' Wayne rap about wanting to have sex and get high all day, and I walk around singing those words and confessing that with my mouth, what am I gonna think about?

And who am I NOT thinking about?

Case proven.


God has a plan for each of us. He's created arts to glorify him- dance, song, music, art, writing, pictures, acting, ballet- all of it. He's created people to go out into the nations and preach the gospel across the world away from their homes. He's created people to sit in an office and be talented to talk on the phone and be a secretary. Maybe it's someones talent or calling to be a garbage man or a truck driver. Who knows? How would they impact eternity by what they do?

What is your calling? And how are you called to prophesy?

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That is really awesome. What you said about God creating art and the kinda music people listen to is all true.

    I'm sure you'll have no trouble learning all those instruments. I know exactly how you fell about the piano, even though I'm not that good at playing it (only know like 3 songs) and I can't read music either lol.

    I used to mimic the sounds of things I heard with my mouth too, I still do it actually. Good post. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete