Monday, August 1, 2011

Character Matters- Kids Camp 2011

A view from the other end of the Spectrum...

This is DEFINITELY what's been going on!


This past week I attended and Junior Counseled Kid's Camp 2011 (Hosted by Word&Spirit church here in Murfreesboro) and it was a large combination of word-of-faith churches around the area.
I didn't even realize how much work was put into making these camps happen! I remember being a camper myself not so long ago when I was about 8 and 9 years old. Now it was an opportunity to get a look on the other end of the spectrum!

We stayed at the same campsite- this time we had a couple cabins rented out for the little ones, an assembly hall, and the bunk lodge for the older children. There were about 85 some kids between the ages of 6 and 12 all together with 25 or so adults/teenagers for 5 days... imagine how busy this could be!

Photobucket

The Theme was Character Matters! [Not quite sure who made that sign but whoever it was spelled character wrong.....]


During the day, the kids were able to do many activities, some like this...

Photobucket

A few girls painting


Photobucket

Looking for Bugs to catch


They were also able to swim, learn about camping, pond fish, horseback ride, and much more.


Lunch Table KC'11

Dinner Time was BUSY!

Photobucket

They loved getting around the camp site by sitting on the back of Brother Keith's trailer hitch.

Photobucket

The older girls were ready to nail some boys with water balloons for Water Day

Photobucket

Ready, set, fire!



In the evenings it went something like this...

Photobucket

Angie, Theo, Bekah and I enjoyed singing and leading worship. The kids loved it, too. Lots of Jesus Culture and Eddie James!

We had a lot of fun leading worship through song and dance. The kids enjoyed getting hyped up for Jesus too. I remember how THICK his presence was in the evenings before worship! :) Children were set FREE from bondage, saved and filled with the holy spirit. It was an amazing move of God. Much prayer was manifested!

Photobucket

Our young men of God worshiping through dance. ^^^


Photobucket

Our worship and dance team with some junior counselors- having the honor of being the forerunners to start an official kids and youth worship team!



Photobucket

Kids Camp 2011 Group Picture^^




I really was able to learn a lot from this myself. Staying in the girl's bunk lodge, I worked with girls ages 10-12 and I learned a lot about how to talk to them and lead them. I helped explain the holy spirit and prayer to them and I was able to help them with their memory verses each day. Each girl was important to me and I continually pray that they further themselves in him even at such a young age. I pray that God would call them up into their places of prayer and worship and that they find their identities in him- that they will NEVER be the same because of how God encountered them at this camp!
On the last night our youth leader Mrs. Blonda called some of the prayer people to the back of the assembly hall in which children who desired the holy spirit and salvation went to be prayed for. I layed hands on a couple of them and some were instantly filled! I encouraged the others that God would put that prayer gift inside of them and that they could all go home and spend time with him in his raw presence... Before services our worship team would pray for the service and that God's true, RAW presence would fill the room and that it would be thick an tangible, And it WAS! The Shekinah glory fell on the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment