Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Take it Slow

Relax.

Turn some worship music on and chill.

Clear your head.

Put the textbook or stack of papers away for a minute.
Put the cellphone down. The laptop, too. The book.

Just sit outside and enjoy the weather.
Lay beneath a starry night sky.

Read some scriptures.
The word is like a rush of of water in a thirsty land; it washes over your soul.
It replenishes you when you're weak and overwhelmed.
Find a secret place where you can chill with God.
in your room on the floor
in your back yard mowing the lawn
in your closet
in the kitchen washing dishes
in the practice room in front of a piano

just sing unto God.
Ask the holy spirit to show you if you don't know how. God is a friend to our hearts, not a dictator.

Don't overwhelm yourself. Let him and his love consume you, not the world.


"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” -Matthew 11:28-30



Music Elaboration of the Day;

I love harp and bowl worship music. I think it's the best style of worship music because you're simply opening the bible and making the words lyrics and coming up with chords of music that flow together. It's like... the sounds of heaven brought to earth. It's epic. :)



This is a Jon Thurlow session from the IHOP in Kansas City. You can like hear the anointing on it! It's awesome.


Have a blessed week, lovelies... :) I'll try to post more often when I have internet access.

No comments:

Post a Comment