Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Come like you promised...



My two sisters, Mrs. Blonda and I went to Nashville to see Jesus Culture last night... It was amazing. The first song they played, "Awaken Me" brought back a familiar feeling. The rest of the night was filled with new faces, new love encounters, new seeds planted and new experiences...



That was the crowd last night. Not as big as I expected but definitely big enough. Nashville had a love encounter with Jesus.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fPdk9ejUsKw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This song is the Live from Chicago version of Awaken Me... It's a prophetic declaration over our generation.

Let our praise be a highway
Fill this place, oh King of glory
Touch our cities and fill Your people
A new day dawning, You are shining like the sun, arising
You awaken me, You awaken me


Eyes to see and ears to hear You calling
Our hearts respond to Your Spirit falling


You're awakening our hearts to Your kingdom
Heaven is falling as we are declaring Your name
We sing it loud with all of our passion
King of glory, come and fill this place


Let our lives speak
A pure reflection of You, King of glory
Shine Your light on us, bless Your people
A new song rising, joined by the sound of heavens praise
You awaken me, you awaken me...


Come like you promised...
Come fall upon us...



Often when I run it's like my time of prayer and worship, and while I run I concentrate on what I'm praying about or the music I'm listening to and it motivates me to keep running. Last week I went running before school in the morning, and as this song was playing I began to pray and sing (moreso huff) the lyrics out and just pray over Oakland and its staff and the unsaved and that love would arise in the heart of my school. Sometimes I feel as if the situations are so hopeless, but then I look again an I keep praying and pushing because I know he promised and I know his love is going to come flood like an ocean into people's lives and drown anything hopeless and I know it's going to come break chains and change lives. And I get more and more excited to see it everyday. It's going to be beautiful. And it already is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment