Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cruel kindness

"Do I dare to recall
When nothing else mattered at all?
This warm embrace,
 do I dare to recall?
To think real slow, relive
the memories left cold?
These hills are empty,
 this path is old,
These castle towers are left to crumble
Across these bridges I stumble
I run to the place,
Hoping to find you there, somehow
 to know you still care
Evening turns to dusk
I keep running, keep searching,
But this cannon has been fired,
standing abandoned and left behind
I can’t regret or relive,
Because it’s just a memory
 in the back of my mind.
Just a memory
Just a memory
I can’t help but to recall
Just a memory
That I don’t care about anymore
Because I want to see you smile
and know that I still mean
something to you

I crawled out from beneath the ashes
And looked up at the sky
Lay before him all the pieces
And let out a desperate cry
He picked me up, held me in his palm
Close to his heart so I could be restored in his love
Close to his heart so I could stand, even if it’s alone.
These wounds still burn from time to time
But I have a healing hand against my side.
Ontop of these memories
 left untold."



Sometimes we go through these seasons. It's all a part of growing. Something we can control only to an extent as the rest slips through our fingers. Unlike others, I don't believe that the universe hates us. I believe that every action bears a consequence, no matter who is giving the action, and that ever non-action still bears a consequence. But unless we really know the consequences, how will we ever learn? How will we ever grow?  Sometimes I wish that we could remain ignorant. That it wasn't wrong to have a child-like mindset. To be innocent and for people to think it's okay and that they can still pretend like it's okay with you, like pretending that Santa Clause is still real. But would it be cruel to leave one in ignorance, or would it be cruel to reveal to them the truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment