Sunday, January 6, 2013

21 Days begins now.

It's a season of giving and seeking as we make our mark at the beginning of this year. Our church is going into a season of fasting and prayer- prayer for Salvations, souls, growth and revelation. I felt that I should take advantage of this opportunity by joining them to pray for my school and for future things as well as for my friends who aren't saved or who have gotten away from God.
I've seen the results of fasts. Some quick and some long-term, but God recognizes when we fast and when we are wholeheartedly seeking him, and he not only answers us and rewards us for seeking and obeying him, but we gain a more intimate relationship with God and we watch him move in ways we have never seen. Fasting is like a jetson-walk (a moving sidewalk thingy, lol) in the airport- it speeds up the results in half the time it normally would. Putting ourselves under submission and using fasting as discipline may not seem like an appealing idea, especially to my generation since we are in desperate need of real awakening, but I want to seek and know him. I want to know my purpose for this year and I want to seek and worship him.

So goodbye 99% of junk food and carbonated drinks. So long Facebook and Twitter. It's time to readjust my gaze toward the throne.
It's time to quiet my head so I can listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment