Monday, January 28, 2013

A Poem about a Journey

I want to go places
I've never been
see people
I've never seen
dream dreams
I've not yet dared to dream
find out what God's
put inside of me
what he's put inside
of them







 


discover what else lies
among these hills
figure out how this world
connects
how these roads lead away into
far off lands
that no one else has
dared to set foot on,
 dared to travel into.





There's a road of discovery
a sound that's been calling my name
ever since I could walk on my own
a sound that
leaks into my dreams
into my ear each time I
close my eyes
I constantly dream about the world




and the way God crafted it







And when I'm all done
with these wild adventures
chances are that I will run back
to the place I call home
until I wake up and discover
the sound that's calling me again.




No comments:

Post a Comment