Monday, April 18, 2011

Mentioned- Living a Wilderness Lifestyle

I've been hearing so much lately- between Wes Hall at Onething, the Misty Edwards' Isaiah 40 mp3 sermon I downloaded, Damon Thompson and just all over the place, about John the Baptist and his wilderness lifestyle.
The man gave up EVERYTHING for God. I mean he had absolutely nothing. Him and Elijah, I believe. They were living a wilderness lifestyle- and in that time, they were in this place where they detached themselves from most temporal things and bonded strongly with the eternal.
What is temporal is lost, but what is eternal is eternal.
Misty Edwards said that even peoples' opinions of us aren't eternal- it was a good point and it's so true.
"Oh, this person and that person are so cool and this group of people is lame! Blahblahlausahoffjf."
HELLO. It doesn't even LAST!!!

I mean I'm gonna be honest, I've had times where I've gotten SO caught up with temporal things or the current situation...
but then there's that time where I remind myself it just dawns on me again...

that Life is but a vapor.

Just a vapor.
Here one moment,
gone the next.

So while we're here, we live for the eternal and make it be known.
We become a voice out there among the silent.
And be who we are.
:)




I feel like I'm going to be the next Mike Bickle at Oakland, ahahhaha... (sort of.)

Someone at some point at Oakland pioneered a way for there to be some type of group of Christian clubs, and whoever that person or group of people were are amazing pioneers of God and I'm so glad they did what they did- I admire them. They're like my heros. There's like another generation of Christian clubs bubbling up on the campus and I'm excited to be a part of it. Excited because of how many people will come to know God and how many people will get involved and making him be known.

We could start like a little IHOP at Oakland... like.... OHOP.
:D

I look up to Mike Bickle. The way him and all these people just pioneered IHOP and all these ministries came out of it.
Those people are like role models to a lot of people.

The people from Asuza Street revivals are also like role models to me. They're so wise and full of knowledge and we just want to learn because really, the learning never stops!
And Damon Thompson and Dutch Sheets and people from the Ramp and people in church like Miss Heidi and all sorts of other people in church- it's like I look up to them and their Godly characteristics because it's like they have a wilderness lifestyle and that's how I want to live. :)





Have a good day everyone :)

Love,
Hannah Adkins [[The teenage chick version of Mike Bickle at Oakland]]

No comments:

Post a Comment